Terrascapes is a medium-sized fine gardening company with clients primarily in the Metro-West area of Boston. We are looking for a gardener to join our team for the 2022 season and beyond.
The Gardener is a central position in the seasonal care and maintenance of residential landscapes and gardens belonging to the clients of Terrascapes.
Terrascapes offers excellent training for our gardeners and you will be working with skilled garden managers who are happy to help you expand your gardening knowledge. Our company is sensitive to environmental concerns and does not use gas-powered equipment such as leaf-blowers or string-trimmers in our day-to-day tasks. We also employ sustainable pest management practices and do not use chemicals except in very limited circumstances.
Primary tasks include:
- Maintain diverse plantings of trees, shrubs, vines, perennials, grasses, and bulbs
- Perform seasonal landscape work including pruning, clean-up, bulb planting, dividing and transplanting, leaf removal, weeding, and any other gardening tasks related to maintaining planting beds and landscapes
- Hand-water and monitor irrigation of plantings, especially during the time of establishment and drought
- Actively promote and contribute to Terrascapes’ sustainability initiatives in landscape residential management
- Participate in any training or enrichment programs offered by Terrascapes
- Scout for pests and disease
- Clean up litter in planting beds
The Gardener will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring, caring for, and reporting on diverse plantings, hardscape elements, and use of the planted areas. All landscapes and gardens are to be maintained sustainably, in a first-class condition, commensurate with the mission of Terrascapes and working under the general supervision of one or more of the Lead Gardeners.
- One or more years of horticultural experience with knowledge of plant culture, maintenance, and identification. Home gardening will be considered as experience.
- Degree/Certification in horticulture or related field is a plus but not required
- Ability to work alone or in groups, in all weather conditions
- Flexibility to work long hours, holidays, and weekends as necessary
- Ability to handle light battery-powered tools and hand tools
- Must be a team player, willing to collaborate on any and all tasks required for maintaining the highest standards of landscape management and operations.
- Should be able to lift 40 lbs
- Clean driving record, own vehicle, and valid MA state drivers license
Full-time positions are currently available with opportunities for advancement.
Please submit your resume and tell us about yourself.
Visit our website to learn more about us: www.terrascapesfinegardening.com
Terrascapes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time
Gardening: 1 year (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Terrascapes Inc. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $22.00 per hour
Let us know your interest by sending your resume to email@example.com